Mountain Endurance Athlete
Kelly Halpin grew up next to Grand Teton National Park with the mountains and forest as her playground. She spent her earlier years climbing, hiking, and snowboarding the Teton range. Today Kelly is an avid mountain runner and adventurer, merging her passions for running, climbing, travel, and exploring remote and wild places. She enjoys the challenge of pushing herself mentally through difficult endurance feats. Kelly is a devoted environmentalist and works hard through adventure and art to inspire people to get outside.
- Climbing for 25 years (bouldering, trad climbing, sport climbing, and mountaineering)
- First female to complete the Grand Teton Triathlon aka “The Picnic” and the first team to do it completely self-supported in 2014 Website: www.thepicnic.co
- First team to do adventure triathlon involving the Middle Teton in 2014
- First female to complete the Mt. Moran Triathlon aka “Moranic Picnic” in 2015 Watch Film by Unicorn Picnic Here: vimeo.com/175437632
- First female/ first team to complete the Triple Teton Triathlon (also self-supported) Watch Video Here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAqH5wXrCSw
- Teewinot Triathlon self-supported Watch Video Here: vimeo.com/214725905
- Third place female in the North Face Endurance Challenge Series Marathon //Park City 9/2016
- Adventure running in Western Greenland 2017 Watch Video Here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-3EBkn376E
- Fifth place female Dead Horse Ultra 50k 11/2016
- Top ten female Behind the Rocks Ultra 30k Moab 2017
- Top ten female in Broken Arrow Skyrace 26k Squaw 2017
- FKT Wind River High Route with Ryan Burke 63 hours on 8/2017
- Ton Ten Female Dead Horse Ultra 50k 11/2017
- Competed in ABS National Bouldering Series in 2006/2007. Placed 2nd in ABS Advanced Women’s in 2006 at the Hanger 22 comp.
- Competed in 307 Bouldering Series in 2008 and placed 1st in Advanced Women’s at the Enclosure Climbing Gym comp
- Snowboarding for 19 years
- Big mountain free rider and banked slalom racer
- Personal segments in Storm Show Studios films Frosty Flakes in 2013, Land of 1000 Dreams in 2014, and Cliff Hanger in 2015
- Traveled to Hakuba, Japan in February 2015 to film/shoot an all-female ski/snowboard adventure story
- Traveled to Niseko, Japan to shoot, film January 2016
- Competed in the NorthFace Masters FreeRide Series in 2012
- Competed in Jackson Hole Dick’s Ditch Banked Slalom in Women’s Pro Division. 8th place in 2011, 6th place in 2014, 6th place in 2015, 4th place in 2016
- Competed in the Legendary Mount Baker Banked Slalom in 2014
- Established the Teton GreyBirds Facebook page in 2014 to promote women snowboarders in the Tetons
- Cover of Trail Runner Magazine October 2017
- Featured athlete in the Guardian, Trail Runner Magazine, Jackson Hole Snowboarder Magazine, JH Skier magazine, Teton Spirit Magazine, Wyoming Tourism TV Spot, Teton Gravity Research, Outside TV, Outside Online, Mountain Life Media.
- Featured in Top 8 Women to Follow on Instagram by Teton Gravity Research 2015.
- Sports model/athlete for Title Nine, Stio, Patagonia, Darn Tough, Mountain Khakis, Montbell,
CloudVeil, Medicine Wheel Wellness, Avalon7, Teton Orthopedics, and PavePara catalogs.
- Personal segments in StormShow Studio films 2013, 2014, 2015, & 2016.
- Teewinot Picnic film featured athlete produced by WZRD Media/REI 2017 Watch Video Here: vimeo.com/214725905
- Moran Picnic short film produced by Unicorn Picnic.
- Running Greenland Film 2017
- Appearance on NBC Weather Channel’s “Weather Caught on Camera” 2014 season for snowboarding/working in high wind event at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.
La Sportiva, Osprey, Native Eyewear, Gnarly Nutrition, HoneyStinger, Avalon7 Adventure Co., Ridge Merino, Chums, Beyond Coastal Suncare, Opedix, Medicine Wheel Wellness Center, Franco Snowshapes
PO Box 10105, Jackson, WY 83002
Contact Kelly if you’re interested in learning more about her athletic endeavors and sponsorship opportunities.